We may collect the following types of personal information about you through the website and via our registration process in the sales offices, at events or through our affiliate companies. Collected information may include:
- If you use our website to request information, use our live chat or bot system, request warranty services, contact us, use our mobile search apps, or provide feedback at any place on our website, you may be asked for basic registration information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or other registration information.
- You may also be asked to provide identification information to confirm your identity, including your first and last name.
- We may collect information about your interaction with our website such as computer browser type, pages visited, average time spent on our website, IP address, unique identifier of the device, operating system version, and app version.
- We may request or receive other personal information such as feedback, questions, comments, testimonials, suggestions, or ideas to provide you with other benefits or to improve upon our products and services. In such instances, you will be given the opportunity to provide or decline that information.
INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Truland Homes, LLC complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and does not permit registration by and will not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from anyone under 18. Additionally, this site is not intended for anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect, solicit or maintain Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such person to register for our Services. If you are under 18, please do not send any Personal Information about yourself (such as your name, address, telephone number, or email address) to us. No one under age 18 should provide any Personal Information to or on the Services. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information from our database. If a minor provides us with his/her personal information without parental or guardian consent, we encourage the parent or guardian to contact us to have this information removed and to unsubscribe the minor from future communications with us. Please contact us if you have any concerns.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell our mailing or contact list to unaffiliated third parties. However we may share your email address and contact information with our selected service providers for home related offers and other information we believe will be of interest to our customers, unless you indicate on a Guest Information or registration card or other material that you do not wish to be so contacted. From time to time, we may decide that it is more efficient to use service providers to perform specific services, such as performing surveys or publishing reviews. If we use a service provider to provide specific services, then information (such as contact information) may be shared with that party to the extent necessary for the service provider to provide these services. These service providers are only allowed to use personally identifiable information for the purpose of providing the specific services requested by Truland Homes.
We may aggregate personal information and disclose such information in aggregate to advertisers for other marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations we will not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to personally identify you.
Creating a Truland Homes account, signing up for an interest list, or submitting a contact form may result in follow up correspondence from a Truland Homes representative. You may remove your email address from the distribution list of Truland Homes or our business partners at any time by notifying us or the business partners, respectively.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use customer personal information to:
- Respond to customer inquiries about our products and services.
- Fulfill customer requests for our products and services.
- Provide customers with the information regarding products and services that are offered by us, requested from us, or that relate to our website.
- Send text based messages. You have the ability to “opt out” of text messaging communication at any time. You may opt out upon receipt of the text message or request to be taken off our list via the contact information at the bottom of this page.
- Send you electronic and other messages about a property in one of our communities or an offering from one of our affiliated companies.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between our customers and us.
- Analyze website usage and improve our products and services provided through our website.
- Improve our website design and functionality.
- Deliver customers any notices or alerts and communications relevant to customers regarding their use of our products and services.
- Perform market research, project planning, product development, troubleshooting problems, analysis of user behavior, marketing, and promotions.
- For targeted marketing by us and by businesses affiliated with us to make advertising more relevant.
- Decide which advertisements and sponsor messages to show to our customers
- Provide you newsletters, articles, product or service announcements, event invitations, program and promotional information and offers, and other information, which may be provided to you by us or by other companies.
- Enforce our legal rights and comply with law.
- Detect and protect against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity.
- Use your information to pre-fill form fields on the website for your convenience.
- Identify your identity in the event you contact us for assistance or support.
We may provide personal information to our business partners and affiliates, third party vendors, and service providers for processing of personal information on behalf of us. We also may partner with third party vendors to source or provide certain targeted offerings and other ads and discount offerings to you. We may use data to show you these ads, but we do not sell personal information like your name, email address, and payment information from any transactions including contracts.
LEGAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE INQUIRIES
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to share or disclose your personal information with law enforcement, government officials, and other third parties to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, and as otherwise required by any applicable law.
We limit our own email solicitations to those who have not “opted out” of receiving such communications. You may unsubscribe from any email messages we send at any time and will not receive further electronic messages from us by following the instructions included within the message.
In some of our email messages, we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our website. When clicked, these URLs pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We may track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION
We comply with applicable state and federal laws requiring secure disposal of records containing personal information of our customers. We maintain customer information for as long as needed. We take reasonable steps to destroy, or arrange for the destruction of a customer’s records containing personal information within our custody or control that is no longer required to be retained by us by shredding, erasing, or otherwise modifying the personal information in those records to make it unreadable or indecipherable through any means.
USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
When using our services and offerings we may also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. Aggregated data is considered non-personal information. If we combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information.
We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, time, and the time zone where our website is accessed or used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our offerings, programs, products, services, and advertising.
- We also may collect information regarding customer activities from our other programs and offerings. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our programs, offerings, and services are of most interest.
Non-personal information may be collected to analyze the use of our offerings and services to make them more useful to customers and to provide customers with relevant offerings. We may use it to build higher quality, more useful online services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our customers and visitors, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our website. We may provide statistical information based on this data to advertisers, affiliates, and other current and potential business partners. We may also use the aggregate data to inform these third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked on links to their website. By doing so, we hope to understand our customers’ needs and desires so that we can make new offerings to them or tailor existing offerings to fit their desires.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, geolocation data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, clickstream patterns, the URL of the most recent website you visited before coming to our Website, the amount of time you spent on our Website, and the pages you viewed while on our Website.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to perform such actions as including, but not limited to: (a) estimate our audience/visitor size and usage patterns; (b) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize and improve our Website; (c) speed up the page load time; and/or, (d) recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies, local storage cookies, web beacons, pixel tracking, GIF and/or IP address. Each of these is discussed below.
Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It may contain certain data, including, but not limited to: the name of the server that has placed it there, an identifier in the form of a unique number, and, an expiration date (some cookies only). Cookies are managed by the web browser on your computer (such as Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome).
Different types of cookies which have different purposes are used on our Website.
Essential Cookies. These cookies are essential to allow you to browse our Website and use its functions. Without them, services such as shopping baskets and electronic invoicing would not be able to work.
Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information on the use of our Website, such as which pages are consulted most often. This information enables us to optimize our Website and simplify browsing. Performance cookies also enable our affiliates and partners to find out whether you have accessed one of our Websites from their site and whether your visit has led to the use or purchase of a product or Service from our Website, including the references for the product or Service purchased. These cookies do not collect any information which could be used to identify you. All the information collected is aggregated, and therefore anonymous.
Functionality Cookies. These cookies enable our Website to remember the choices you have made when browsing. For example, we can store your geographical location in a cookie so that the Website corresponding to your area is shown. We can also remember your preferences, such as the text size, font and other customizable aspects of the Website. Functionality cookies may also be able to keep track of the products or videos consulted to avoid repetition. The information collected by these cookies cannot be used to identify you and cannot monitor your browsing activity on sites which do not belong to us.
It is possible that you will come across third-party cookies on some pages of sites that are not under our control.
Local Storage Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Adobe Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Local storage cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Pixel Tracking. In addition to using Cookies, the Website may employ “pixel tracking,” a common process which may be used in connection with advertisements on other sites. Pixel tracking involves the use of pixel tags that are not visible to the user and consist of a few lines of computer code. Pixel tracking measures the effectiveness of advertisements and compiles aggregate and specific usage statistics. A “pixel tag” is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of websites that is used to track an individual user’s activity. We may access these pixel tags to identify activity and interests that may allow us to better match our goods, services, and other offers with your interests and needs. For example, if you visit our Website from an advertisement on another website, the pixel tag will allow the advertiser to track that its advertisement brought you to the Website. If you visit our Website, and we link you to another website, we may also be able to determine that you were sent to and/or transacted with a third-party website. This data is collected for use in our marketing and research.
IP Address. Our servers automatically record certain log file information reported from your browser when you access the Services. These server logs may include information such as which pages of the Service you visited, your internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, and other information on how you interact with the Services. These log files are generally deleted periodically.
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Website are served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers and application providers. First-party or third-party cookies may be used alone or in conjunction with web beacons or other tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use our Website. A first-party cookie is a cookie set by the domain name that appears in the browser address bar. A third-party cookie is a cookie set by (and on) a domain name that is not the domain name that appears in the browser address bar. It might be set as part of a side resource load (image, JS, iframe, etc., from a different hostname) or an AJAX HTTP request to a third-party server. The information that first-party and third-party cookies collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services (i.e., tracking such activities). They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Google Services We Use
Google AdSense Advertising. We use Google AdSense Advertising (or other search engine or display network advertising) on our website. Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. We have implemented the following: (a) Remarketing with Google AdSense, and (b) Google Display Network Impression Reporting.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out of seeing interest-based ads by using the Interest-Based Ads Opt Out Chrome browser extension.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Starting October 1, 2019 Nevada residents may elect to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. To make a request, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section, below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a Nevada resident.
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us once annually if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section, below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. Effective January 1, 2020, if you reside in California, then you have the following rights:
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information.
You have the right to request us to disclose to you the following, no more than twice in a 12-month period the following regarding the personal information we collected or shared during the preceding 12 months:
- Categories of personal information.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- Categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information.
- Specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
You have the right to request us to disclose to you the following, no more than twice in a 12-month period the following regarding the personal information we collected or shared during the preceding 12 months:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you.
- Categories of personal information we have “sold” (as that term is defined under CCPA) and categories of third parties to whom the information was sold.
- Categories of personal information we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
For purposes of exercising your rights above, please note the following regarding how we collect and use your personal information as described in this policy:
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers; deposit information; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; professional or employment information; internet of other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic or visual information.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers; payment information; commercial information; professional or employment information; internet of other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic or visual information.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
We take the security of personal information seriously. We use technical and administrative security measures such as but not limited to firewalls, encryption techniques, and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of personal information. However, no complete assurance can be made against all cyber-attacks and other security breaches. To safeguard against unauthorized access, you may be required to login to certain secure areas of our website using a username and a password. Both username and password are encrypted when sent over the Internet.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website may offer links to other third-party websites for convenience and information only. These websites have their own privacy and information collection practices and security measures.
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
Our website is not intended for persons who are not residents in the United States. We do not actively market to persons residing outside of the United States and we do not knowingly collect personal information from non-U.S. residents. If you are a resident of the European Union or Switzerland and desire to provide us with your personal information, please contact us first. If you are located outside of the United States and provide us with personal information, please be aware that any such information will be transferred to and stored in the United States.
The internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. A user identification and a password are needed to access certain areas of Truland Homes platforms. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You should maintain good internet security practices. Where you have password-protected access to certain parts of the Website or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. If your email account or Facebook account is compromised this could allow access to your account with us if you have given those details and/or permitted access through those accounts. If your email account is compromised it could be used to ask us to reset a password and gain access to your account with us. If you think that any of your accounts have been compromised you should change your account credentials with us, and in particular make sure any compromised account does not allow access to your account with us. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by other users. We will never email you or ask for your password or other account login information. If you receive such an email, please send it to us so we can investigate.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You may write to us at the address listed below for Postal Mail:
Attn: Customer Service/Marketing Dept
29891 Woodrow Ln, Spanish Fort, AL 36527
You may contact us via email at the below email address:
For telephone inquiries, please contact: